You may be asking yourself, "What's so special about FCWC?" That's a question with an easy answer.
1. We are bringing in one of the best-known, most beloved names in our industry as our keynote speaker. Robert Benson has spent his life writing and speaking about one thing: paying attention for the things in our everyday lives that point us to the presence of the Holy in our lives. About our practice and ritual and work and contemplation and the way such things can be reminders of who we are and who we are to become.*
2. We feature two pre-conference classes worth their weight in gold: 1) Book Proposal Studio (walk in with an idea, walk out with a book proposal), and 2) Book Pitch Workshop (walk in with an idea, walk out with a pitch for the writers and editors you'll meet over the next few days).
3. We bring in the top names in publishing--agents, editors, freelance writers, marketing geniuses, website designers ... just to name a few.
4. This year we will offer a writing/critique workshop that runs simultaneously to the conference. Conferees can choose by pre-registration to attend an intense time of working specifically on your work with trained critique experts from the Word Weavers International community. These sessions run during the blocks of time set for continuing classes. Afternoons are free to write, to attend workshops, to meet with agents, editors, etc.
5. Finally, this year, like every year is guaranteed to feed your spirit, your craft, your relationships within a special communityof writers, and your need for fun! Our theme is Dancing on the Head of a Pen ... and to that end, we'll kick off on Wednesday night with a sock hop.
We look forward to either meeting you for the first time or seeing you again!
Eva Marie Everson
*Taken from: http://books.upperroom.org/book-author/robert-benson/